Only NetApp delivers everything to build your unique data fabric.
Throughout the world, leading organizations count on NetApp for software, systems, and services to store, manage, protect, and retain one of their most precious assets: their data. NetApp provides a full range of hybrid cloud data services that simplify management of applications and data across cloud and on-premises environments to accelerate digital transformation.
Incorporated in 1992 and headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, NetApp created the world’s first networked storage appliance. Our products, solutions, and services portfolio focus on customers’ top IT imperatives as they undertake digital transformations. Our approach to data services enables organizations to inspire innovation with the cloud, build clouds to accelerate new services, and modernize IT architecture with cloud-connected flash.
NetApp helps to accelerate your journey to the cloud, using the best hybrid cloud transformation offering in the industry that connects on-prem solutions to the major hyperscaler public cloud providers including Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google and others.
The industry has awarded NetApp with hundreds of honors for innovation, leadership, and culture.
Figure 2: Successful customers drive NetApp industry leadership.
NetApp continues to lead the market with an integrated portfolio of platforms and solutions. We set the standards for the industry in Flash, OS, capacity, OpenStack, and Object Storage, to name a few. Our innovations help organizations to accelerate critical applications, increase data visibility, streamline data protection, and boost operational agility. We lead in the following areas:
NetApp delivers data management solutions to over 30,000 businesses worldwide to help them unleash the full potential of their data. In a world transformed by digital technology, businesses cannot move ahead with data in silos. They need fast insights, seamless access, and the peace of mind that comes from knowing their data is protected and within their control.
NetApp StorageGRID is a software-defined object storage suite that supports a wide range of use cases across public, private, and hybrid multicloud environments. StorageGRID offers native support for the Amazon S3 API and delivers industry-leading innovations such as automated lifecycle management to store, secure, protect, and preserve unstructured data cost effectively over long periods.
Every deployment is unique. StorageGRID aligns with your deployment preferences, whether that is optimized hardware-based appliances, or software-based virtual machines or Docker containers that run on bare-metal servers, or a combination across virtual and physical environments.
Smart: Explore the industry’s leading data lifecycle management software.
- With the data management capabilities of the NetApp® StorageGRID® object-based storage solution, you can deliver high-value outcomes from your large, unstructured data while lowering your TCO.
Fast: Combine performance with cost efficiencies.
- It’s all about the software. Unleash the full power of flash with StorageGRID object QoS, dedicated load balancer, and lifecycle management capabilities.
Future-proof: Realize cloud as a strategy, not just a location.
- NetApp StorageGRID will always be there for you, delivering industry-defining features and capabilities to help you manage your data with the simplicity, speed, and fluidity you build your business on.
NetApp Cloud Insights is designed specifically for today’s cloud-based infrastructure and deployment technologies and provides advanced analytics on the connections between resources in the environment. Cloud Insights is simple to use. Because it’s hosted in the cloud, it’s easy to get up and running fast. You’ll have real-time data visualization of the topology, availability, performance, and utilization of all your infrastructure, including both cloud and on-premises multivendor resources.
- Monitor your whole infrastructure, on premises and in the cloud and at any scale, with a simple, easy-to-use, SaaS-based tool.
- Find problems before they affect customer satisfaction.
- Discover unused infrastructure and overprovisioned workloads to optimize your growing cloud spending.
- Detect and protect from ransomware attacks before it’s too late.
- Easily satisfy compliance requirements for data usage audit reporting to save time and money.
NetApp Cloud Backup delivers seamless and cost-effective backup and restore to protect and archive Cloud and On-Premises unstructured ONTAP data, databases, and virtual machines. With block-level backups, you can simplify your backup strategy and slash data protection costs. Cloud Backup is the best way to protect your ONTAP data, both on-prem and in the public cloud.
Cloud backup and archive
- Backups are independent copies of your data volumes that are used for recovery and archiving.
- Backups are stored in cloud object storage that is separated from primary volumes to meet data protection requirements.
- Easily recover data volumes from a specific point-in-time
- Backup data is secured with AES – 256-bit encryption at - rest and TLS 1.2 HTTPS connections in - flight.
Backup cost reduction
- Backups are stored in low-cost object storage or cloud archival storage.
- You pay only for what you use.
- After the initial backup, you’re charged only for the changed data blocks.